At a Glance
While Clarins® Self Tanning Milky Lotion has some drawbacks, it could still be a good option for those seeking a natural-looking, customizable tan at an affordable cost. However, users should be aware of the thick texture, long drying time, and possible unpleasant smell, as well as the relatively short lifespan of the tan.
|Application||Face & Body|
|Active Ingredients||100% naturally sourced DHA + Erythrulose,|
- Ease of use as is for face and body
- Offers a natural, medium bronze tan with attractive shades and undertones
- Portable bottle size allows for targeted touch-ups throughout the wear time
- Affordable option for a customizable tan
- Thick texture requires time and patience during application
- Drying time of around 30 minutes is relatively long
- Smell from the DHA formula may be bothersome
- Tan only lasts 3 days before fading noticeably
- Moisturizing self-tanning lotion for face and body
- Glides on evenly to create a natural golden glow
- Self Tan Complex, a blend of DHA + Erythrulose, produces a natural-looking tanned appearance on the skin’s surface with even, long-lasting results
- Glycerin helps leave skin supple, radiant, and hydrated
- Ultra-sensorial, milky texture melts right into the skin without smudging, streaking, or staining
- Delicate Fig scent creates a carefree summer feeling
- Tailor-made tan from sun-touched to deep bronze
- Hydrates for 24 hours
- Long-lasting, streak-free, natural-looking
- Won’t smudge or stain clothes
- DHA delivers an instant golden glow, while Erythrulose creates a gradual, long-lasting tan
- Infused with moisture-rich extracts of Aloe Vera and Organic Fig to hydrate skin for an even, glowing result
What We Think:
While this formula has some areas for improvement, it also offers certain benefits for users seeking a natural, medium bronze tan.
Firstly, when mixed and applied correctly, the lotion is capable of delivering an even, hydrated tan with shades and undertones that many reviewers found attractive. Given the portable bottle size, it can be easily brought along for targeted touch-ups throughout the wear time.
Admittedly, the thick texture does require time and patience during application to ensure thorough coverage. The drying time of around 30 minutes is also on the longer side. The smell from the DHA formula may be bothersome to some users during and after application. Furthermore, the tan only lasts 3 days before fading noticeably.
Still, for the right user seeking an affordable option for a customizable, medium bronze tan, this lotion could hit the mark. With careful, thorough blending and a bit more time for drying, an even-toned, natural-looking result is achievable. It may come down to weighing the hassles against the benefits for each individual. For users who are meticulous during application and less sensitive to product smells, the formula could meet needs at a lower price point.
In summary, while the lotion has room to enhance certain aspects of usage and experience, for the right user seeking an easy, portable solution for a natural bronze tan at an affordable cost, it remains worth a try.
Clarins® Self Tanning Milky Lotion FAQ:
The lotion is capable of delivering an even, hydrated tan with shades and undertones that many reviewers found attractive. It is also portable and can be easily brought along for targeted touch-ups throughout the wear time.
The thick texture requires time and patience during application to ensure thorough coverage, and the drying time of around 30 minutes is on the longer side. The smell from the DHA formula may be bothersome to some users during and after application. Furthermore, the tan only lasts 3 days before fading noticeably.
The lotion formula is suitable for the right user seeking an affordable option for a customizable, medium bronze tan. With careful, thorough blending and a bit more time for drying, an even-toned, natural-looking result is achievable.
Individuals should weigh the hassles against the benefits, considering their needs and sensitivity to product smells. For patients who are meticulous during application and less sensitive to product smells, the formula could meet needs at a lower price point.
Clarins® Self Tanning Milky Lotion Formula:
Clarins® Self Tanning Milky Lotion formula composed primarily of water and emollients to provide a hydrating, buildable color and moisturized finish.
Key ingredients include dihydroxyacetone as the active tanning agent and aloe barbadensis leaf juice and extracts from fig and sunflower to soothe and hydrate the skin. The drops are easy-to-mix and provide a natural result, though effective tanning depends on proper mixing and application. Improvements to the consistency and wear duration would make the product even more satisfying for customers.
The self-tanning drops use water as the primary solvent and include emollients like caprylic/capric triglyceride, coco-caprylate/caprate, and glycerin to moisturize and condition the skin. Additionally, the formula contains ingredients like isononyl isononanoate, pentaerythrityl distearate, glyceryl stearate, dimethicone, and PEG-100 stearate to help achieve an even, streak-free application and stabilize the formula.
Some people may be allergic to specific ingredients, such as fragrances or certain types of oils. It is recommended to always do a patch test before using any new product, especially if you have sensitive skin or have had allergic reactions in the past.
Clarins® Self Tanning Milky Lotion Ingredients:
Aqua/water/eau. caprylic/capric triglyceride. coco-caprylate/caprate. glycerin. dihydroxyacetone. isononyl isononanoate. pentaerythrityl distearate. glyceryl stearate. peg-100 stearate. dimethicone. hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer. aloe barbadensis leaf juice. parfum/fragrance. polyester-7. erythrulose. propylene glycol. neopentyl glycol diheptanoate. phenoxyethanol. tocopheryl acetate. disodium edta. sorbic acid. tocopherol. ficus carica (fig) fruit extract. helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil. citric acid. potassium sorbate. sodium benzoate [s3780a].*
* For informational purposes only. We cannot guarantee that it is up-to-date or free of errors. For an accurate list of ingredients, please refer to the product’s original packaging.