If you’re looking for a way to achieve a natural-looking tan without exposing your skin to harmful UV rays, self-tanner is a great option. Clarins, a popular skincare brand, offers a range of self-tanning products that can help you achieve a sun-kissed glow without the risk of skin damage. In this blog post, we’ll answer some common questions about using Clarins self-tanner.
I. How do you use Clarins Self Tan?
Clarins offers several different self-tanning products, including lotions, gels, and sprays. However, the basic steps for using them are similar. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Exfoliate your skin: Before applying self-tanner, it’s important to exfoliate your skin to remove any dead skin cells. This will help ensure an even application and prevent the color from looking patchy. Use a gentle exfoliating scrub or mitt to buff away any rough patches.
- Moisturize dry areas: Areas like your knees, elbows, and ankles tend to be drier and may absorb more self-tanner than other areas, leading to a darker, uneven color. To prevent this, apply a thin layer of moisturizer to these areas before applying self-tanner.
- Apply self-tanner: Apply the self-tanner to your skin, using a circular motion to blend it in evenly. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly after applying and avoid getting the product on your clothes or bedding. For Clarins self-tanning products that come in a spray form, hold the bottle at arm’s length and spray the product evenly over your skin.
- Wait for the product to dry: Let the self-tanner dry completely before getting dressed or coming into contact with water. This usually takes around 10-15 minutes.
- Maintain your tan: To maintain your tan, moisturize your skin regularly and avoid exfoliating too frequently. You can also reapply self-tanner as needed to maintain your desired level of color.
II. How long does it take for Clarins self tan to develop?
The development time for Clarins self-tanner can vary depending on the product and your skin type. Generally, it takes around 4-6 hours for the color to fully develop. However, some Clarins self-tanners can continue developing for up to 24 hours after application. It’s important to follow the instructions on the product packaging to ensure you achieve the desired level of color.
III. How often should you use Clarins self tan?
The frequency of use for Clarins self-tanner will depend on your personal preference and the level of color you want to achieve. For a subtle, natural-looking tan, you may only need to use self-tanner once a week. If you want a deeper, more intense tan, you may need to apply self-tanner more frequently. Be sure to read the instructions on the product packaging and start with a small amount of product to gauge howyour skin reacts before applying more.
It’s also important to note that self-tanner does not offer any protection against UV rays, so you should continue to use sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage.
Clarins self-tanner is a great option for achieving a natural-looking tan without exposing your skin to harmful UV rays. By following the steps outlined above, you can achieve an even, streak-free color that lasts for days. Remember to exfoliate your skin, moisturize dry areas, and wait for the product to dry before getting dressed or coming into contact with water. With regular use, you can maintain your desired level of color and enjoy a healthy, sun-kissed glow all year round.
Clarins® Self Tanning Milky Lotion FAQ:
The lotion is capable of delivering an even, hydrated tan with shades and undertones that many reviewers found attractive. It is also portable and can be easily brought along for targeted touch-ups throughout the wear time.
The thick texture requires time and patience during application to ensure thorough coverage, and the drying time of around 30 minutes is on the longer side. The smell from the DHA formula may be bothersome to some users during and after application. Furthermore, the tan only lasts 3 days before fading noticeably.
The lotion formula is suitable for the right user seeking an affordable option for a customizable, medium bronze tan. With careful, thorough blending and a bit more time for drying, an even-toned, natural-looking result is achievable.
Individuals should weigh the hassles against the benefits, considering their needs and sensitivity to product smells. For patients who are meticulous during application and less sensitive to product smells, the formula could meet needs at a lower price point.