-Hylauronic Acid?, Check!
-Non-sticky consistency and dries quickly?, Check!
Is the Tan Luxe Super Glow Hyaluronic Self-Tan Serum worth the hype? Read on to find out!
- The self-tanning serum has a thin, non-sticky consistency and dries quickly on the skin.
- The serum has a light floral/fruity scent that is pleasant and does not have a strong self-tanning scent.
- The self-tanner provides a gradual tan that looks natural and not too dark.
- The results last for around 2-3 days and can be maintained with regular use.
- The serum can be used daily and does not have a color guide, making it easy to use and apply.
- The product comes in a glass bottle that looks nice and is aesthetically pleasing.
- The price of the product is expensive at $49 for 5 ounces.
- The serum can be streaky if not applied carefully, and it does not have a color guide to help with application.
- The self-tanner is not very moisturizing, and some users may need to apply a separate moisturizer after using the product.
- The serum can be difficult to apply evenly, especially for novice self-tanners.
- Frequent application is necessary to maintain the results.
- A gradual sun-kissed glow formulated for daily use
- Lightweight hyaluronic complex quenches skin while giving a plumper appearance
- Superfood ingredients help to nourish & brighten
- Cocoa Seed helps work as a natural shield from pollution & blue light
- Anti-Ageing benefits help the skin reset and recharge
- 100% vegan & cruelty free, with Naturally derived DHA
- No streaks. No smells. No drama
What We Think:
As someone who already uses a self-tanning face drops, I was excited to try TAN-LUXE’s Super Glow Hylauronic self-tan serum for an all-over glow. The concept of a lightweight, gradual self-tan in serum form really appealed to me.
My first impressions of the product were positive… It dried within minutes of application and felt weightless on my skin.
After using it for a couple days in a row, I started to see a very subtle tan developing…Within two applications, I had a light to medium tan that evened out my skintone.
While I liked the simplicity and effectiveness of the serum, there are some areas for improvement. However, one standout feature is that it contains hyaluronic acid, which benefits the skin.
Hyaluronic acid helps replenish moisture as I self-tan, preventing dryness. While the serum could be more hydrating, the hyaluronic acid provides some skin improvements in addition to the tan by boosting collagen production over time for firmer skin.
While the price point is high and formula could be more moisturizing, the hyaluronic acid offers some skin-improving qualities that help justify the 4 out of 5 star rating I would give TAN-LUXE’s Super Glow Hylauronic self-tan serum. For those seeking both a natural tan and subtle skincare benefits, this serum delivers.
Overall, if you want a hassle-free way to achieve a natural, daily tan and don’t mind reapplying regularly, TAN-LUXE’s Super Glow Hylauronic self-tan serum delivers. However, this serum is not worth the cost for everyone. I would give it an overall rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
TAN-LUXE’s Super Glow Hylauronic self-tan serum contains a blend of hydrating, nourishing and tanning ingredients. The main active ingredient is dihydroxyacetone, which produces a tan by reacting with amino acids in the skin’s surface proteins. Hyaluronic acid and plant extracts like avocado, raspberry and cocoa provide moisture and conditioning to the skin. Coconut oil adds emollient properties, while antioxidants like vitamin E and ascorbic acid help protect the skin.
Upon application, the formula contains ingredients that improve tanning performance by helping an even spread like hydroxyethylcellulose and polyacrylamide. Silicones like dimethicone and cyclopentasiloxane contribute to the product’s sprayable consistency. Various emulsifiers and surfactants then help suspend the tanning agents in water. Preservatives and colorants complete the formula to prolong shelf life and provide the dark tan color upon drying.
Some people may be allergic to specific ingredients, such as fragrances or certain types of oils. It is recommended to always do a patch test before using any new product, especially if you have sensitive skin or have had allergic reactions in the past.
Full List: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Dihydroxyacetone, Hydrolyzed Soybean Fiber, Hyaluronic Acid, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Acephala Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Salvia Hispanica Seed Oil, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Acetate, Erythrulose, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, PVM/MA Copolymer, Laureth-7, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Butylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Triethylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, CI 17200 (D&C Red No. 33)*
* For informational purposes only. We cannot guarantee that it is up-to-date or free of errors. For an accurate list of ingredients, please refer to the product’s original packaging.